Ortho appointment today! :/


I think my new favorite face is :/ I think I should have that permanently plastered.
This is how I envision myself every time I look in the mirror, hotness right?

Moving on, I met with my Ortho today appointment at 2, got there at 2:10 yes I was late, but boy did I end up paying for it later. His office was packed and little children running around screaming their lungs out... After having a tough night with very little sleep (nightmares + migraine) I wanted to clobber these little children and plaster their butts to the chairs... and do other terrible things, its like seriously where what wild farm were they raised on?

Anyhow I get in 45 minutes later to see him, they take out my wires, I get to brush my teeth ahhhh and floss and mouthwash and it felt so nice not having any wires in. Anyhow I ask him about getting molds of my teeth taken and Dr.L as I'll refer to my ortho, says there is no point your teeth will be moving even further in the next few days... Im like agreed but the surgeon wanted them so he can predict WHEN I might be ready for surgery.... he still was adamant about not doing them. Im at 4 months with braces, and my surgeon wants to see my progress to start planning.... here we go :/ so anyways Im like fine the next time and he agreed. So we try to get in this thicker wire, after much shoving the upper wire goes on fine... Lets try with the lower jaw, after much shoving and attempting to get the wire in, one of my brackets pops off !! Im like phew, Im glad its not my tooth, and so they shave off the glue and rebond the bracket and wait a few minutes and try again with more force.... a few minutes later 2 brackets pop off, i laugh a little but in my head Im like seriously, TEETH GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER! He ends up putting me on this 'intermediary' wire and I come back in 6 weeks for the thicker wire. fuck.

Already I feel Im behind schedule, so in April hopefully things might be a bit clearer. This process is filled with surprises, even the little things like an appointment, shit happens. I think this whole brace/jaw surgery process should be called "shit happens, keep your cool"...

So my teeth feel "tight", and after seeing the ortho I call my mom and she's like I have a feeling you wont be ready till maybe Dec-Jan of this year for surgery... I dont know if its shark week, or the fact that I want this done as QUICKLY as possible I just snapped at her... She didnt understand how badly I want this chapter of my life to be over, how much I want to be 'normal' and to start my life. I may very well be delusional and keeping my life on hold till I figure it out, but just hearing her sent me off the deep end... not good :/ :/ :/

My ortho has my brace removal date for 5/28/2013. If there is anything PLEASE let that be the date that Im done....

I'll post some very sexy (not) photos tomorrow of my bite in progress...

6 comments:

  1. I know how you feel, every time I have a minor setback it really annoys me! You definitely learn to be patient throughout this process. I think I'm probably slightly delusional about how quickly this can be done too, I think I'm probably a bit too optimistic, but like you I just can't wait to be brace free and feel normal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah, how far along are you ?!?! I think most of us go into this very positive, optimistic, and anxious and usually with that energy we hope that things will move faster, heal better, etc... I guess it doesnt work that way :/ lol ...Its such a long process, but we all want healthy beautiful functioning teeth and jaws that we'll endure the torture. :) I only signed up for 18 months of hell it better move fast haha!

      Delete
    2. I've had my braces on for almost a year and have been told that my teeth will be ready for sugery by about April/May, so I'm hoping surgery will be sometime in the summer by the time I've waited for a surgery date. I've learnt that nothing in this process is definite though, so I won't be surprised (but will be disappointed!) if it doesn't happen that quickly!

      Delete
  2. 'shit happens, keep your cool' hahaha! Glad to hear you have humour about it all. I had my braces on for two years before my surgery so I know the wait is no fun, still rather have it done properly instead of cutting corners. My upper jaw was moved up and forward 3mm and my lower was moved 7mm. It will all happen for you eventually, it sounds like you are actually well on your way. I wasnt even thinking about surgery for at least 18 months into my treatment. Thanks for your kibd words x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! I understand what you mean about the setbacks. It's a big game of "I think you'll be ready by this time...", then the time rolls around and it's another 6 months!

    That's interesting your surgeon wants your molds so soon! He must want to monitor to make sure your teeth are moving correctly? I'm just getting my final molds/records done with surgeon this week- these are the ones he will make his final estimates on and do mock surgery. He did review my molds/records with my Ortho that the Ortho took earlier this month, but the ones taken this week are the final ones.

    How long does your OD think you will need in braces before you are surgery ready?

    :)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This process is difficult, if its all you think about, which is starting to happen to me. I fixate on things that I WANT FIXED NOW lol... bad habit. My Ortho wants braces on a year pre-op, so that would mean Im not ready till November, BUT... my potential surgeon said I could be ready by summer.... Seeing how things are going I probably wont be ready till Nov.

      My surgeon or hopefully my surgeon, wants to keep tabs on my progress as his schedule is pretty tight and I'm plannin on going back to school so it would have to be like summer or winter break. ...

      I am sooooooooooo excited for you, your surgery is right around the corner!! Are you excited, nervous, everything? I highly recommend you go into "eat everything mode", so you dont have to think about it post-op!

      I look forward to your updates :)
      take care!

      Delete

 

Blogroll

Blogger news

About

The pursuit of a beautiful smile, healthy bite, and balanced facial aesthetics.