Little Update!

Here are some scary photos of my smile and side profile ! CHOMP!




Well not a lot to post but Im on a the fence with a lot of things...

First my bite is being made worse, most of my teeth arent touching anymore, the goal is to make my overbite worse according to my ortho and potential oral surgeon. So my back teeth, excuse me, only 2 back teeth meet, nothing else does on these blue bite blocks- wow I really feel for people who struggle with their jaws and eating, I get it, for the first time. ITS EFFING ANNOYING!

Anyhow I've consulted with a number of surgeons and orthos and its taken me forever to finally get going. So far Im narrowing it down between two surgeons and I may potentially structure a plan to meet with one more surgeon. About two weeks ago I met with Dr.Gunson, after hearing about him from message boards, videos and the sort that the team there is one word, amazing! I had bugged their front line lady Cindy with more questions than fairly possible and she was always profusely kind so that rings very well with me :) The consult took about 3 hours, did some xrays, random plastic being shoved in my mouth, awkward photos and measurements. Overall everything went well, I learned quite a bit, I know while there some questions failed to come up, and I didnt get to see as many before and afters as I would have liked... I also didnt get a chance to hear about potential jaw movement up down ect ect till later. Overall very nice practice, Santa Barbara is something straight from a novel or a photo, whichever strikes your fancy, but beautiful, and Dr.Gunson was great.

I was told my upper and lower jaw should move counterclockwise and inward, so from a 5 o clock motion to a 3 o clock--- the upper jaw will be impacted 6 mm and the lower jaw **drum roll* 15 mm... which scared the living crap out of me. 15 MM !!!!!!!!!! I know thats not a lot, when you look at a ruler, measuring tape or anything... but I was always told by previous surgeons in the past that my lower jaw is optional, or it'll move only a few mm, but 15, definitely threw me in a loop and scares me greatly :( More than 10 mm in lower jaw movement according to one of my surgery consults is risky and high chance of relapse, and Im not wanting to completely look like a monster or be completely unrecognizable... I wont even go into how I felt when I heard the financial costs of the treatment, Im sure it was apparent in my expression ( or lack of) ...... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Anyways sorry to ramble, its just been on my mind I dont know anymore... Is this WORTH it, what the heck am I trying to achieve?.... sigh :( I hate Sunday nights.

4 comments:

  1. I will be thrilled to follow your blog. This process is worth it!! It is difficult, and full of challenges, but now that I am on the other side, I would do it all over again!! Be well sweet girl!!

    Tresa, a real jaw breaker!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind post :) I just saw the debracing update!! Im so excited for you Im sure your jaw hurts from all the smiles your flashing around :)
    What big plans do you have with your smile and jaw now, anything you cant wait to sink your teeth into? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog, I haven't had the internet for a while so have only just got round to publising it! I look forward to following your jaw journey, it seems you're quite similar to me jaw-wise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzie, our jaws are really similar! Our predicted movement is almost the same...looking forward to following your progress!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogroll

Blogger news

About

The pursuit of a beautiful smile, healthy bite, and balanced facial aesthetics.