Here is to new beginnings!

Soooo here is to finally making this blog and getting it going! For starters Im going through a number of tough points in my life which Im trying to avoid so I'll probably dig deeper later.

So I decided is time for me to get braces, yet again... They are damning and exciting at the same time. I know for one that I DIDNT want to get them for fear it would drive the person I was 'with' away, but long before the braces went on, I believe he wanted something better than me, and it fell apart... Anyhow time to focus on me, my health and whats going to make me happy with or without anyone... On a side note I scare myself in the mirror haha and constantly find myself making comparisons to JAWS the hunk of metal in the Bond series... Im finding everything gets stuck in them, so eating is now becoming a task, and all my favorite foods like rustic breads, crunchy chips and almonds are off limits!! Le sigh, le sigh haha, I remember my braces back at 14 but didnt think I'd have to sport them again, this late, but alas this is when its meant to happen and how it will go through! Medieval torture tools, who came up with this ? For me this is the beginning of a long road to find a beautiful healthy smile and among other things happiness.

Currently so many things in my life have the 'pause' button, for fear of moving forward, making the wrong decisions and clinging on the past with an insane desire. I know my mouth, my smile has held me back on more than one occasion and still does today, for fear someone is staring at my teeth or having a photo surface! I've realized in the last 10 years I have probably been in no more than 10 photos, mostly with angles of sorts. Whenever someone will ask me to get in a photo, the roadrunner in me emerges and Im outta there! I would immediately dismiss it as Im not photogenic, please dont. I've come to realize I need to be happy with my smile, have healthy gums and teeth and I shouldn't have to be socially uncomfortable because of it.

Im still deciding on my surgeon, Im already 2 weeks in braces, my next adjustment is in February, em I'll post photos but I have excess vertical maxillary growth aka gummy smile, I have naturally smaller teeth, inflamed gums due to the mouth breathing, lip incompetence and mentalis strain woohoo! I GET SEVERE migraines, I was told its probably an accumulation of my neck problems with my jaw issues! What I know so far is that my process is estimated to take anywhere from 15-18 months total, my hope is for the lesser end, I will also be having jaw surgery in the middle of all this, upper, and lower and potentially a genioplasty. My goal is to have a beautiful healthy smile, to laugh a little more and build some confidence en route.

Anywho as Super Mario would say 'here we go!'

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the jaw surgery blogging world.
    I'm really excited to read along your journey and hear all about it.
    I can relate to a lot of the feelings you are having. I felt super emotional when I decided to finally face my jaw problems and fix it, I was so worried about the effect braces would have on my life.
    The amazing thing is that I'm actually finding myself becoming way more confident as jaw surgery nears and I see all these changes coming.
    Stay positive about it, in the end you're going to be so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,you have a beaty smile.nice blog,have you rubber band?...or cool headear!!!

    its goo fast,nice teeth.

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogroll

Blogger news

About

The pursuit of a beautiful smile, healthy bite, and balanced facial aesthetics.