Snowfall in March.

Winter has until recently, been a completely foreign concept... I've lived in several different countries, and never experienced colder, snowy climates... After getting my first snow storm, I could not contain my excitement! I LOVE LOVEEEEEEEEE SNOW! My inner child is out stomping a storm, waiting for snowflakes to fall and staring at the sky. Im sure the neighbors are peering out their windows wondering who IS that crazy woman? Im having too much fun to care :) . 

Everyone here seems to be so excited to bid farewell to winter. Not me, not yet at least... Here are some pics I took of this snow storm!



Over the last few months I've been making observations about how people in my culture (Mediterranean) share their news/events of their lives with others and realized, they all do this "one thing". 
Complain endlessly, about everything and anything. Its all bad news, rain clouds and the taste of overcast days. Heavily frustrating and negative elements override everything. In the meantime, we keep all the positive, and amazing events (no matter how significant or trivial) private... like somehow someone is waiting to steal their happiness or wish them harm. I never understood it till last night, but realized that I too, subconsciously have been doing it ... How far can the apple fall from the tree? haha.

I have a lot to be grateful for. Its easy to lose track of that and get overwhelmed with the few things that are going wrong. There will always be something, someone, who is going to get in the way of things. Try to count your blessings, feed that voice. 

So with regards to surgery, I was able to tentatively schedule for end of April last week. Mixed emotions.

Monday morning, I get a call, "Oh... there was an error in our calendar and we will have to cancel this appointment, I'll talk to Dr.G and get back to you".....few hours later "Oh I spoke with Dr.G and he can squish you in his schedule you for end of May instead, as an exception"..... I was kind of speechless. Knowing that my insurance will finish 5/31, having surgery in late May probably isnt the best idea... right? What if I need to go back to the hospital later? What if I need pain meds? What if ..... anything? I called them back and told them, is there any way we can keep that date or move me to something earlier? Im still waiting to hear a conclusive answer from the office tomorrow. 

As its all coming closer, though Im starting to get cold feet... or frost bite feet.That sounds about right. Questions rise to the surface... How do you feel about your face now? Is it that bad? Can you live with it? Do you think this surgery is going to change anything? If you have grown comfortable with your face, no matter how much you love or despise it- its a sad thought to say goodbye.

16 months in braces now.
Thank you to all my jaw buddies for putting up with the ramblings of a mad jaw lady, I would be lost without your wisdom.
Good night.

1 comments:

  1. Suzie this this the toughest time of all.
    Pre surgery 5 million things run through your head, and trust me being surrounded by people who look on the negative side doesn't help.
    My family lives with the same attitude and it drove me nuts. It sort of makes us automatically turn to the same conclusions and look at the downside.

    Either way, block out all of that and focus on you and everything you want.
    You deserve to be able to make whatever decision will make you happiest in the long run.
    I'll try to catch you on fb tonight

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogroll

Blogger news

About

The pursuit of a beautiful smile, healthy bite, and balanced facial aesthetics.