Learning a lesson.

Time has taught me ...to never lose yourself.

You are your most valuable asset, and truly you are all you have. Do not let the overwhelming voices of people around you dictate your direction. Do not let people belittle your aspirations or dreams- greatness lies within you. Do not allow those with small minds and broken dreams, to kill your spirit. Do not allow your past, whomever/whatever it is ruin your future.

Never let someone, anyone, become your everything.

You are worth more than the sum of people's expectations, affection, and assumptions of you.


Once you lose yourself, how do you get back to the place you once were, or who you once were?


Try to not be bitter, be better.

No one is worth it.

No one is worth it.  Especially, if they have done you wrong.

You have much to see, experience, feel, and taste in this world.

You are BRILLIANT. This is your life, yes owned by you.

Live it.
 ___________

2 comments:

  1. I'm just weighing in on the 15 mm jaw movement. i just had 11 mm moved on my lower jaw. I am 50 years old, and started this process 2 years ago. My ortho wanted me to move my upper jaw 3 mm forward and 1 mm up to meet the requirements of a perfect face. I also have a cant she wanted fixed. I didn't feel it was worth the invasive procedure to fix anything on my upper jaw, and refused. My surgeon understood, especially when I said I still need to look like myself. the lower would have been moved 14 instead of 11 if I had agreed to the surgery on the upper. I felt like women who want more than an A cup and get talked into a D when a B or C would be great.
    anyway, I love the result of just 11 on the lower, many people don't even realize I had surgery, they just think I look rested. i can breathe better, close my lips, and bite correctly. and I still look like me, and i still resemble my son and my brother.
    There's more too it than perfection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lou,

      Thanks for your message! Do you have a blog that share the details of your case, or photos you wouldn't mind sharing?... You did the best thing for you- by speaking up and saying what mattered to you most. Surgeons told me they have the "most" control over the situation, when they can move both jaws but yeah you have to determine what matters most to you. How far along post op are you Lou? LOL @ the commentary for a boob job.
      Personally I want to look like me at the end of the day- less is more and I think I need to explain Im comfortable with less jaw movement and want to still look like me... Oh this process is a PAIN !!

      Delete

 

Blogroll

Blogger news

About

The pursuit of a beautiful smile, healthy bite, and balanced facial aesthetics.