Random update!

So I just realized I've been in braces for almost two months- nothing new really to report... Wait well yes, Im noticing gaps in places that were previously gapfree, Im guessing this is all part of the process to get my bite ready for surgery! Besides random gum pain from the movement, I've notice that now my bite is becoming more off I wake up in the morning with my jaw not lined up.

For example your bite meets when you sleep, or at least it did for me before braces. Now its like my lower or upper jaw shifts to the left or to the right, and the teeth are slamming against wires and braces or just misaligned.

What else is going on.... humm humm I will try to update when I meet my ortho in a few weeks, it'll then be 10 weeks with braces.

Im also curious for everyone who is prepping for this surgery or had this surgery, were you worried at all what you might look like when your done? For those who had the surgery, how are you adjusting to the new face? I just saw a post for this online and I wanted to know how you guys feel about this issue...

Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. The gaps are so normal! I went through weeks with "billy bob teeth" major gaps and spaces. By the time i was ready for surgery, only 2 teeth in my entire mouth made contact!

    There is an adjustment post surgery to the new look. I knew that it was better by 100% but it takes time to get used to the new you!! Im now forgetting how I looked prior to surgery, and settling in to my new face and smile. I don't have any regrets and only have gratitude for the technology that makes this all possible. So many of my physical issues have been resolved because I went through this process. Hang in there!!

    Tresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had my surgery yet and I'll be getting my braces on next week and also a palette expander. I'm extremely nervous how I would look after the whole process is finished. I hope it comes out as good as I imagine it =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura thank you for posting on my blog, Im glad that I will be of some help to you on your journey, be strong and know there are lots of us jaw peeps going through the same thing who will be here for you. I hope your results are everything you'd dream they'd be and then some, if you have a blog I will follow. all the best x

      Delete

 

Blogroll

Blogger news

About

The pursuit of a beautiful smile, healthy bite, and balanced facial aesthetics.