An adjustment and.... some frozen yogurt !!

Sooooooooooooooooo.... its been a short while since my last post. While Im in a debbie downer mood this evening, this will not be a debbie downer post :) !

First things first, I did not get in touch with Dr.G yet, I've had a lot on my plate but plan on getting in touch with him this week. But I did get in touch with my dental insurance and will try to get my consult with them reimbursed.

Second, I had an adjustment last week with my ortho... I popped in 10 minutes early (one of my goals is to be early instead of chronically late lol )... I get in and Dr.L isnt in the best of moods, who knows whats going on :/, but its been 5 months since I had my braces popped on and no molds of my teeth had been taken. Dr.G clearly states he wanted molds at month 3-6-9 etc to plan surgery and to see how the teeth are moving... So at first I approach his assistant, sweet gal,"Am I getting my molds done with the new wire or old"... she was like "Why do you need molds?"... (continue my long explanation)... Dr. L interjects oh you got a long way before your ready for surgery, when are you seeing Dr.G... I said "Yes, I understand Im many months away but these molds need to happen so I can plan the next 7-8-9 months of my life"... After much push and shove he agreed to finally get bite impressions and molds taken. He was not happy, I was. He's like come back in 10 weeks.... I just stared at him :O, he should have said 10 months... Trying to stay positive Im like "8 weeks... :)" .... he's like "No, 10"... I scheduled for 9. lol

Anyways he put this THICK flipping wire, its been a week, and wow mighty mighty tender. Im not a fan of drugs, so I only took 400mg of Ibuprofen during the worst of it... I noticed my right side was quick to jump back and be fine, the left another story.

Im growing frustrated with how slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww this process is taking. It might as well be the Ice Age and watching glaciers move mm every month.

Third I got a call from Dr.G's office saying they were contacted by Dr.L's office about the molds and they clarified why they needed them and such. (YAY!!)... Now I need to get back with them and see if I can get in touch w/ Dr.G.


I've arrived to the conclusion this evening that I do have image issues. Im not happy with my current jaw/facial balance, and I hold a lot of resentment towards it. In the meantime, I've realized my DEEP attachment to my face, and scared that by fixing one thing we'll make 10 things worse. I dont want to look like someone different unless you're going to make me look like Adrianna Lima or Megan Fox as an example. lol.

I crossed upon this article tonight written by Dr.G, discussing the role of jaw surgery and how beauty is measured.
http://www.orthodonticproductsonline.com/issues/articles/2009-09_07.asp

Im reallllllllly looking forward to going home (Chicago) in 10 days, I need a break from Arizona and figure out some nuts and bolts.

Pictures soon. <3


1 comments:

  1. Seems like you are in great hands with Dr. G! It's great he really considers the aesthetic outcome of jaw surgery.

    Keep your spirits up! I know waiting for surgery is the worst!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogroll

Blogger news

About

The pursuit of a beautiful smile, healthy bite, and balanced facial aesthetics.